Sunday, January 1, 2023

January's Song: Canning Jar

This is what summer looks like to me. 

Goal: write a song a month, with the resolve to not self-edit or worry if it’s crap. This one feels folky, a bluegrass country twang. 

Let me try, a rally cry

A challenge so unfamiliar. 

A task from the past made new,

In a quest to save the fruit. 


Baskets and quarts of produce,

Cherries the star! 

Peaches and cherries and blackberries too,

To fill my canning jars. 


Berry berry berry so bright,

Capturing the summer sun.

Berry berry berry so light, 

A task so right, so fun. 


Boil the water, stew the berry,

Taste test on a biscuit. 

Trying grandma's methods, 

passing it down. 

To save for winter's breakfast. 


Berry berry berry so bright,

Capturing the summer sun.

Berry berry berry so light, 

A task so right, so fun. 

No comments:

YA Book Club: A Walk to Remember

I'm a sucker for this movie I am one of those snobs who will snark that the book is, as a rule, always better than the movie. I have two...