Wednesday, May 15, 2024

The Beatles, Ranked! Outside My Top 25, 31-35

The fellas: "I thought you had a higher opinion of me song than that!"

It was a fight for the top 25, and these songs deserve recognition, if not an argument for being considered higher, part 1:

31
Eight Days a Week (78) I have great memories of shout-singing this while driving along one summer night with Mary and Maria, breaking speeding laws to make curfew. 

32
She's a Woman  Do I have to justify it? I just love it. 

33
Two of Us (22)  You can hear the personal connection between John and Paul singing it together and to each other. It feels like a glimpse into their partnership and a farewell of sorts… let it be, I guess. 

34
Girl  It's lush, it's romantic, it's melancholy, it's conflicting, it's even got an inside joke with the boys in the back singing "tit tit tit tit."

35 TIE
Good Day Sunshine (66) and I'll Follow the Sun (21) Well, crap. One's bursting with bright orange and yellow dance hall joy, the other is wistful and folky. I can't decide so I tied 'em - my blog, my rules.


Edit: Sirius/XM did their annual Top 100 countdown over Memorial Day weekend. A number in parenthesis is that song's position on that countdown.

No comments:

The Beatles, Ranked! 11-15

The singer of Boys looking quite boyish 11 Boys Uniquely Starr time, his song with "the other lads," a performance piece done wit...