Friday, June 21, 2024

The Beatles, Ranked! Outside My Top 25, 26-30

All you need is merch... 

26
Now and Then (20) Released in 2023, this is the last Beatles recording. It is cobbled together from a Lennon demo tape from the 70s, Harrison's Anthology session work from the 90s when they first attempted to work on this, recent recordings from Starr and McCartney, and samples from the songs Because and Here, There, and Everywhere. Just typing this, I got a warm flush of nostalgia, which I covered in my November post. 

27
Day Tripper (72) One of the songs I love because for how equally the band contributes to how hard it rocks. Also made the playlist for my guest spot on My Fab Four on Sirius/XM.

28
Three Cool Cats From their Decca audition. George sounds like the bratty teenager he was, making potato chips sound... sexy. I love the three trading catcalls. 

29
Savoy Truffle A jokey diss track aimed at Eric Clapton for eating too much candy. Fat horns. I still want to skate to it as a big heart-shaped box of chocolates. Creeeeeeeeeeeam tangerine!

30
For No One (18) Also from My Fab Four playlist, the story has been told here before. Girls, feel your feels, but don't cry over a boy for a month. 

Sirius/XM did their annual Top 100 countdown over Memorial Day weekend. A number in parenthesis is that song's position on that countdown.

No comments:

The Beatles, Ranked! 11-15

The singer of Boys looking quite boyish 11 Boys Uniquely Starr time, his song with "the other lads," a performance piece done wit...