Saturday, June 1, 2024

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Open Faced Hot Beef Sandwich

This is closer to what mom ordered - she got home fries and applesauce. 

After we laid my dad to rest last summer, we went to the Blue Moon Grill for lunch. One of my comfort foods is an open-faced hot beef sandwich, and I was happy to see it on the menu.

This dish beat any and all contenders that I would even put as second-best. Like putting the Beatles up against some middle school garage band on open mike night.

The base was thick, buttery Texas toast, which held a generous portion of rich brown gravy, real mashed potatoes, and a tender, steaming half-pound of pot roast. And cole slaw!

No corners were cut on this dish. 

I couldn't put a dent in it and mom, who ordered the same thing but with home fries, had to get a to-go box too.

I had a total of three meals off the one dish, and as with some dishes, the flavors deepened with each serving. 

No comments:

The Beatles, Ranked! 11-15

The singer of Boys looking quite boyish 11 Boys Uniquely Starr time, his song with "the other lads," a performance piece done wit...