Wednesday, September 9, 2026

LHOTR 2.0: I Get Knocked Down but I Get Up Again

We went up on August 2 to see the house before it was bulldozed. Time to let it and the novelty chain pull go.

Salvaging what we could from the house before she came down. Dave the Builder helpfully rescued the windows to see if he could reuse them. 

It didn't take long for it to come down.

Wow, it's gone.

We can rebuild the Little House on the River! 

Don't stop, keep it movin'; put your drinks up - we've got a floor! 

This already has me feeling so much better about everything. In the framing, you can see where the big picture window will be, the center swing double doors, and the window over the kitchen sink. 

Now it's time to shop for the roof, deck, and siding. 

No comments:

LHOTR 2.0: I Get Knocked Down but I Get Up Again

We went up on August 2 to see the house before it was bulldozed. Time to let it and the novelty chain pull go. Salvaging what we could from ...