Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Frustration - where's my muse?

I may keep this one short, as it feels like the creative well is DRY. I am blaming the weather, this crappy winter-is-never-going-to-end weather. And I feel like I'm constantly cleaning the house to only have it magically get dirty overnight. And I'm frustrated by flip/lutz "clinics", as we are trying to correct some technique errors and the result is rather adult bronze as opposed to the adult silver I'm trying to achieve.

So how to recharge when you're scraping the bottom of the barrel? How to find a spark to reignite? Good night's sleep does help. Exercise. I fall asleep sometimes imagining our "getaway" house, complete with all-season porch, hot tub, and near the snowmobile trails, an ice rink and beach with a boat launch (the house really exists in Cheboygan!)

Sometimes, you have to allow yourself the downtime, watch TV, and eat some junk food.

No comments:

#700: The Beatles, Ranked! The NAs

Er, not quite Post #700 if I'm counting correctly!  As posted previously, I dialed down my ambition to rank all the Beatles songs, decid...