Sunday, January 26, 2014

What's Right in the World: Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel

The Dirt Cheap Chicken, because that is how random this post is. 


Wow, I've been sitting on this topic for a week, and I'm coming up empty, so this may be a rambling entry more in the vein of a TOL. Why? I'm guessing because the weather is a dreary, endurance run of cold wind, lots of snow, and hot, indoor dry air.

On top of that, I've been battling tooth pain for the last 7 months, which culminated in another root canal on Monday.

So what's right in the world at the moment?

I guess it's a good thing my dentist builds open appointments into his schedule for emergencies such as me. And that my husband was home to take care of Will so I could take care of me.

Cabin fever kicked in yesterday while marooned in the house during a blizzard, which led to using up some leftovers to make a "lazy lasagna." The lazy being I threw the thing together as opposed to careful layering. I've kind of wanted some muffin bread too, so I made two loaves: one banana the other berry.

The Grammy Awards are tonight, which is always fun.

The snow is pretty.

As the month is wearing on and New Year's resolutions are falling by the wayside, I can work out without a crowd.

As I'm working on this on a Sunday morning, the Monkees are on and that always makes me smile.

I have my tossies lined up for Adult Nationals. Which means I have my programs and my gifts ready. It's been fun planning my working vacation. I'm trying to figure out what I want to accomplish on this trip, and so far I have run on the beach, eat a lobster roll and shop at a thrift store for my AN trinket.

I hear February is  going to be warmer, so there's that.

Boy, this is going on like a forced, small-talk conversation. I've referenced the weather way too many times. Now is the time I excuse myself to go get a drink. Happy Sunday all.

No comments:

That's It, Just One Line - Landslide

"Can I sail through the changing ocean tides, can I handle the seasons of my life?"