Thursday, March 6, 2014

Why Art Matters: Creative Process Snapshot



While skating last week, the girls and I were excited to collaborate on creating our new "official" WMAS gear since it's been nearly 7 years since we last did so.

While deciding on gear (hot pink Under Armor jacket with WMAS blue rhinestones for the logo and names) the president of the local figure skating club was approached by a mom who wanted to purchase gear for her child. The old logo was the intellectual property of a former member and it was decided the time had come for a new look. I was asked to create it.

I created the shape based on computer imaging of lake effect over Michigan containing the geographical area of West Michigan.

The font was chosen because it is visually striking, futuristic, and bold enough for print and embroidery.

The overall design is strong both big and small.

Most importantly, the design is easy to bling.

No comments:

That's It, Just One Line - Landslide

"Can I sail through the changing ocean tides, can I handle the seasons of my life?"