Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Valentine Ditty for Will


A sweet for my sweet.

The Whitecaps have a contest going, where they are asking entrants to submit a poem for their love, the winner getting chocolates and roses delivered by the mascot Crash. Dave works well outside the delivery area, and what little kid wouldn't love to have a team mascot deliver candy to them at school?

So mom put fingers to keyboard and came up with this silly little ditty.

There simply is no greater joy,
Than William Garland, my little boy.

His play is inventive, his games oodles of fun,
His smile infectious, he keeps me on the run.

As his imagination continues to grow,
He pretends to be a train, a cook or a super hero.

He loves sports of all kinds, pretends he's Rocky,
And even figure skating, which he calls "dance hockey."

Will's favorite is baseball, can't wait 'til they're back,
Guys like Michael and Logan and Ryan and Zach.

He's a host little brother, at our house he rules,
(And all of the players think he's cool.)

Every day he's outfitted with a bat, hat or glove,
I'm happy we can share a game we both love.

No comments:

#700: The Beatles, Ranked! The NAs

Er, not quite Post #700 if I'm counting correctly!  As posted previously, I dialed down my ambition to rank all the Beatles songs, decid...