Monday, November 1, 2021

Rescuing the Old World Glass Ornaments

I’m not much of a collector. But when I found an Old World glass ornament of a little basket of strawberries at the antique store, I decided then and there this would be my thing. Good thing was, I already had some in my possession to establish a collection.

These were given to us a long time ago, ornaments passed down through Dave's family. These ornaments in particular are ones he loved to hang on the tree himself. But the ornaments have long lost their luster. A trip to the dollar store for glitter and glue, and we were back in business. 

The top had hints of what the original color scheme was, but on two panels, I could only hazard a guess. Well, I had green, so green it is! 

The flower basket had the faintest bit of red left, and no idea what color the basket was or the leaves. Of all of them, this one sprang to life immediately. Pictures don't do it justice. 

The drum was frustrating, as the glue was clear and while I thought I was careful, I managed to get glitter everywhere. I tried to keep the blue as blue as possible, but the silver managed to attract the other colors to the top and bottom. It added a depth that I could appreciate. Stick on gems for added pop. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...