Wednesday, January 4, 2023

How About That Other Resolution?

I love Alex Lifeson. I cannot play like him, probably never.

Oh, my fake gig! I copied the sheet music for my set to have up at the cottage to practice at my leisure. I managed to make it through the whole thing several times while on holiday break. 

While I’m working my way up to chords, I’m tackling flat and sharps, no longer ignoring all those # and b’s in front of notes.

Big difference. I’m getting the right tones instead of twangs and suddenly the song Something is flowing off my fingertips. 

I love having guitar picks and will use them but I’m finding I can control the tone better using my thumb. The music flows better and feels more organic. 

I still want to keep my “set list” at 10, so in order to add another Beatles song, one of the songs selected in December has to go. Or is this my encore…? 

As for other resolutions, my songwriting skills are somewhat lacking but as you can see, I have posted song number two! I like where I was going with it, but I’m thinking country bluegrass isn’t my thing. It’s awkward but I’m also trying to stick to the no self-editing commitment as well. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...