Tuesday, September 5, 2023

September Song: September Song

Twenty-six years in and still showing off the cleavage. 
Oh, and wearing the SLOO sapphire necklace from August. 

Goal: write a song a month, with the resolve to not self-edit or worry if it’s crap. September is my birth month, so I always think of it as turning the page. A new school year also marks the passing of time, and I'm still thinking about the old love playlist from July. Can I write a love song? The rhythm I have in my head is oddly Green Day pop-punk. 


Only the good die young, 

Seems pretty cold. 

Not a fan of thinking, 

I die before I get old. 


September is a no man's land, 

For poets and romance. 

Many minds turn to football, 

Instead of a slow dance. 


What's a love song for those middle-aged? 

Maybe a rockin' dedication, 

A smile before it fades. 


The kid's in high school now, 

And we've glanced at mortality. 

I love you with all my heart, 

It's there in totality. 


Oh, September is a no man's land, 

The calendar turns the page. 

Please turn and recognize, for a moment, 

The love that lasts an age.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...