Sunday, October 1, 2023

October Song: Take Me to the Bridge

 

Rock stars demand champagne on their birthday, 
especially when Judas Priest is dining the next table over. True story.

Goal: write a song a month, with the resolve to not self-edit or worry if it’s crap. So far in songwriting, I've neglected to add a bridge to my songwriting capabilities, something I learned, listening to the Beatles Channel, that Paul and John were geniuses at. I'm still learning this craft, so I'm going to give it a try. 


I have been taking pen to paper, 

But mostly, finger to key. 

To tell stories about life, 

And sometimes about you and me. 


It may seem a little trite, 

It's new to me, that's all. 

A simple line, an easy rhyme, 

But creatively, I've hit the wall. 


Now I'm at the chorus, 

I just ran to the fridge. 

I'll repeat the chorus, 

Till I find the bridge. 


Yes - I'll repeat the chorus, 

Just take me to the bridge...


Those lads from Liverpool could do it, an easy middle eight, 

Pop songs - three minutes of joy

Appears on acetate!


[Guitar solo!]


Oh I'm living in Mitty's world,

Where I'm a huge rock star.

Expensive clothes, fancy stones, 

Big, fat shiny cars. 


Arena shows and screaming fans, 

Contract riders? The cookies Pepperidge. 

And on the cover of Rolling Stone, 

If only I find the bridge. 


Yeah take me to the bridge.

I get you there, if only I find the bridge...

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...