Sunday, November 7, 2010

So What Have You Learned...?

The decree has been made: in the interest of time, I am revisiting an old program, Gabriel's Message, for the Christmas show. Suddenly, I'm nervous.

Why?

Because of a time crunch, Michelle wants to see what I can do with the program. I'm steering my own destiny.

The good news is I have, somewhere, a drawing of my old choreography from Mandy when the program was new in 2004 so I have a head start. The good news is that I'm a better skater than I was 5, 6 years ago. The bad news is, that means I have to come up with something better, stronger, and with more elements, on my own.

I'm a good judge, a mediocre freestyle skater, but a good exhibition/interpretive skater. What this hodgepodge means is that I'm must be my own worst critic at playing to my strengths while incorporating the best of my medicore freestyle.

Finally, there is the matter of costuming. Do I portray Gabriel in white, the angel with eyes as flames, or Mary, the astonished maid in blue? White makes sense, but the dress has a bit of competition bad luck attached to it. And the blue, a velvet with a glissinette skirt, has sleeves, important for skating in a chilly rink out in a cornfield in December.

I'm out of my comfort zone, this ought to be interesting!

1 comment:

L said...

You'll be great. I think I have one of your navy dresses here, if you want that one.

I'm really impressed that you remember a program from that long ago. It's really hard for me to ever remember even last season's program.

That's It, Just One Line - Landslide

"Can I sail through the changing ocean tides, can I handle the seasons of my life?"