Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Craft - scentual!

I wanted to buy some Valentine cards to send out on the boy's behalf. However the tiny price adds up quickly when you are getting more than one or two, leading me to think "We can do better than that!"

So I've got a crafty plan that will change these messages into something extraordinary!

I went through my Glamour, allure and Elle magazines and pulled all the fragrance ads that had scent strips. These ads are fantastic for 3 reasons: they all have pretty graphics, are made of a heavier paper stock, and the scented strips add an extra scented element.

Next, I will select a favorite cute photo of Will and print it onto the sticker photo paper. I will then stick the picture to one of the ads and trim.

Next, I will go through my stock of scrapbook materials and trim the cards with stickers, ribbons and trinkets that will make it extra-sweet.

Finally, it's into an envelope and sending off to grandmas, aunts and sweethearts!

I know the inspiration came from being cheap, but it has grown into something unique and special.

No comments:

That's It, Just One Line - Landslide

"Can I sail through the changing ocean tides, can I handle the seasons of my life?"