Sunday, October 18, 2020

LHOTR - It’s Happening!

 

Excerpt from article on what people love about the Mitten. 

We’ve been working hard, really hard at our jobs in the time when we made our first offer. I got the call on Friday, while trying to wrap up a big work project that the time has finally come - we sign papers on Thursday to make our weekend place a reality.

So what do we need to do now? I have started a provisions pile, my nut jars now stocked with granola bars, tea bags, rice, pasta, and popcorn. Tins of tuna, spaghetti sauce, boxes of mac and cheese and stovetop stuffing. Peanut butter and jelly. Salt and pepper grinders. Steak sauce, ketchup and mustard. 

Tomorrow’s puttering will include gathering cleaning supplies and getting bedding together, first sleepover this Saturday!

I think we are both a tad overwhelmed at the things we want to do NOW to get settled, so the hardest thing has been the discipline to pace ourselves. Electric fireplaces and outdoor living rooms have been so tempting but we need to move in and get settled before we go buy more. We even have space heaters to take up that currently costs us nothing. 

Such a nice problem to have.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...