Tuesday, March 23, 2021

LHOTR - Agenda, nothing!

 







To say I had a bad week is an understatement. So at 5:01, I packed a bag and was on my way up north by 5:15.

Spring thaw came at the exact right time, the only snow left was a snowball sized ball on the north end of the house. We got there in time to enjoy the sunset reflected in the trees, and a cold beer on the back deck. I fell asleep to a documentary of small Irish pubs and stories of Bono “takin a piss.”

Next morning was all about hot coffee and steely frost, and not much of an agenda. I wanted to go into town under the guise of running errands (more on that later), and managed to get a pair of designer jeans for $2 at the thrift! 

This is one of my first trips up where I didn’t pack a basket of groceries, wanting to eat up some of the leftovers, including chicken rice soup from Christmas and my margarita from February! I can’t believe how relaxing it was to be able to take advantage of early planning for a mindless weekend. 

Oh, and I visited the scene of where I got stuck in the snow and ice a month ago. I was actually trapped behind a rock under the snow. I wondered what I had been slipping on, there’s no way I would have made it without help. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...