Wednesday, July 14, 2021

LHOTR - I Shutter to Think

 

The plans.

Beaver side.

River side.

One of the earliest chores on the to-do list has been giving the little house its Poseidon Blue shutter face lift. Dave grumbled but relented to hang shutters river side, but thought no more were needed. 

I found a pair for the kitchen window at Habitat for Humanity’s Restore for four bucks. Hanging those, he admitted they looked great. Do we drop big money for the rest of the house?

Yes. 

Some of the windows, like the one next to the chimney and front door didn’t give us much room to hang a pair, so those were left alone. The rest were framed nicely in the hue that most closely resembled Lake Superior blue.

So what’s next? We’ve talked about a painted quilt square for the barn. Cutting down the shrubs and putting in roses. Or maybe just kicking back and enjoying the summer in the river.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...