Sunday, August 22, 2021

LHOTR - Coffee, Tea, or Me Baby?


Before

and after!

So I still had a can and a half of semigloss spray paint left after completing the kitchen chairs, and looking for the next thing to coat in paint. And there it was, in all its glass ringed, scarred glory, the coffee table. 

A quick wipe down to get rid of dirt and dust, then I hauled it out in the sun and started shaking paint cans. I’ve learned patience with spray paint. You need a nice, even first coat then give it time to dry. A second coat will do wonders for filling in those spots that were thin for a more even cover, then give it time to dry. Third coat gives you your final, solid coat, then just let it sit in the sun and bake that shit on. 

I started painting at 11:30 in the morning and finally brought it into the house, with its new felt feet, at 7:30 that same night. The finish was lacquer shiny, and because it had been drying in the sun all day, not a hint of tackiness to the surface. It managed to feel brand new and only cost me the time it took to clean and paint.

Next up is the futon covers for the couch. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...