Sunday, January 30, 2022

New Kid in Town



Meet #24 - Oscar. He came to us midway through the school year after his host family didn’t work out. Come to find out, he hasn’t experienced much of life in Michigan during this time.

We’re fixing that.

First was a trip to Maggie’s Kitchen for authentic Mexican food. Then, a trip to Grand Haven to experience the frozen Lake Michigan lakeshore. And on the way back home, a spin through Grand Valley’s Allendale campus for a little college life.

He wants to experience more culinary delights. Describing the Chilimacaloco at Mad Dogz, his eyes lit up as he said, “that sounds so American!” And he’s never had a root beer float. 

I have a feeling we are going to be our own personal Explore Michigan ambassadors. 

 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...