Wednesday, July 27, 2022

There's a Story There - Ironman Acoustic Jam

$5? You bet it went home with me. Tuned it up over lunch.

I love seeking out a bargain or a wonderfully weird find at garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, and the like. It's a way to keep things out the landfills and repurpose to give them new life. 

Imagine my joy in finding an acoustic guitar for $5 today. The head-scratcher? It's an officially licensed product promoting the movie Ironman 3. 

I'm not a superhero comic movie fan, so I don't know the logical tie-in. It's Disney, so there probably doesn't need to be a logical tie-in, just slap the marketing on it and put it up for sale. 

But that's not how these posts are supposed to work. So what's the story...?

A mild-mannered middle-aged woman buys a toy at a garage sale. When she hits the right chord, she obtains superpowers:

C: car/SUV becomes a super vehicle

G: gains superpower strength

D: can dodge most weapon strikes

A: accurate weapon aim

E: ears become super sensitive

B: can play Beatles songs pitch perfect

F: fly

The challenge there is the fat pads of my fingers make hitting chords crazy impossible without hitting surrounding strings. Superhero goals! 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...