Saturday, November 12, 2022

Loyalty

Halloween haul after hanging with his group

The boy has started eighth grade and is blossoming. He has a core group of friends that he hangs out with for football games, pizza parties, and school dances.

But he’s left a few behind, and it kind of hurts my heart. But Dave tells me to leave it be, we can’t orchestrate his social life for him. 

I was the loyal friend to a fault. My instincts were to leave no one friendless and leave no friend behind. 

This was not often reciprocated, as I was ditched for others more popular, with invites to better parties. Tides turned when I got my own car and was seen as the ride to the dance. 

Now that I think of it, I did resent my good nature being taken advantage of and saw right through it. So good on him for being honest with himself and not taking on the baggage, I guess. 

I know I’m not right, but I feel like this isn’t right either. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...