Friday, March 22, 2024

#700: The Beatles, Ranked! The NAs

Er, not quite

Post #700 if I'm counting correctly! 

As posted previously, I dialed down my ambition to rank all the Beatles songs, deciding on a top, a bottom, and this, the mysterious unranked. Why? Because The Beatles Bible and I are kinda murky on how to define them. The songs exist, but some are technically not Beatles tracks, some barely exist, starting life as a Beatles song but ending up with others, and then....? 

Yellow Submarine soundtrack: The symphony tracks are credited to George Martin for scenes from the cartoon, such as Sea of Holes, Pepperland, and March of the Meanies. Part of the lore, but not Beatles tracks. 

Written by and/or performed by others: Lennon and McCartney song credits for Cilla Black, Billy J. Cramer, Peter and Gordon, and of course, band performances backing Tony Sheridan. 

Nonsensical jams: There's just not enough to judge these one-minute or less musical interludes that barely pass as songs. 

Mystery songs: All for Love, a song by McCartney/Harrison; Catswalk and September in the Rain, songs Stu wanted to perform at auditions that never made it to tape; and the holy grail of mysterious recordings, Carnival of Light.  

No comments:

That's It, Just One Line - Landslide

"Can I sail through the changing ocean tides, can I handle the seasons of my life?"