Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday Noddin'

Holiday shoppping has not yet been a problem for me; as a matter of fact, I have been shopping with great enthusiasm for trinkets and treats for the babysitters and co-workers.

I have yet, however, to muster the enthusiasm for home decorating, namely putting up the tree and hanging the stockings. My reasons for my joy of the season is the same source of hesitation for putting up a tree: the boy.

Will is an amazingly inquisitive child, which has led to him swinging from the baby gates, attempting to eat batteries and generally finding the most dangerous thing in the house to play with. This curious investigative nature will no doubt extend itself to the eventual destruction of the Christmas tree and pulling down of Christmas stockings.

And then there's the cat, who still has lots of kitten in her. If her eager play with an apricot pit is any indication, she will have waaaaay too much fun wreaking havoc on our tree.

But we cannot celebrate without a tree, it's just not done! Let's cross our fingers for a Christmas miracle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! There have been many nights waking up to hear the tree crashing from one of the cats latest attempts to climb the wonderful tree in the living room!! Not the best way to wake up! We seem to have trained them in the last couple of years - and if you have a real tree the needles themselves might discourage Will from climbing! I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

The Beatles, Ranked! The Bottom, or the Not so Fab

I'm fighting this too. I said I'd do it, so here it is. First, some "defend the music" just outside the bottom: Her Majest...