Thursday, June 2, 2011

ArtPrize 2011 - My Valentine: A Confessional



ArtPrize entry for this year is pretty much poking fun at myself. The premise? Telling the stories of past Valentine's Days through collages. The inspiration? In the depths of my basement is a collection of Valentine candy boxes that practically beg for their stories to be told.

I'm going to incorporate the candy boxes into collages of pictures, and short (we are talking 2-3 sentences) stories of VD's gone by. I'm hoping that my writing style creates something that is visually interesting as well as pretty damn funny.

Some of the more embarrassing details? Sending a bunch of boys candygrams in high school. Breaking an ex-boyfriend's stereo in a fight. Nakedness.

I have my application out to about 25 venues. Let's hope I hear from someone.

No comments:

That's It, Just One Line - Landslide

"Can I sail through the changing ocean tides, can I handle the seasons of my life?"