Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cue the Beastie Boys, cuz "she's crafty!"


Ribbons and scissors and bows, oh my!

It's October 16, so Christmas is only... well, there's actually plenty of time. Still, that has not stopped me from getting started on crafting for the holidays.

First project I'm working on is converting some tasseled perfume bottles into pendants.

What's awesome is the bottle tops already have holes drilled into them where the tassels were threaded. I unhooked the tassels and threaded split rings through and reattached the tassels to the rings. The gold tops match the gold rings perfectly.

Next, I'm using embroidery floss as the lanyard. Cutting the line to 36", I turned the floss into a simple necklace and am using a doubled sheet bend knot to secure the string. I will make the knot solid with a dip in clear nail polish.

I will package the necklaces with droppers so the recipients can fill the bottle with their favorite scent.

So three simple perfume flasks have been re purposed as fantabulous necklaces.

What's up next? More necklaces! I purchased five artisan glass over sized buttons. Playing with some line, I *think* I have figured out how to make these into pendants, which will result in five more necklaces. Or else I can play around with stringing them flat into one layered looking choker-style.

There's also playing around on Pinterest for craft ideas. My thoughts were to create things as gifts coming from Will. Good to know I can do something with those empty wine bottles...

No comments:

That's It, Just One Line - Landslide

"Can I sail through the changing ocean tides, can I handle the seasons of my life?"