Sunday, October 23, 2011

Someone To Watch Over Will


Why wouldn't you want to watch me?

Seems we go through this once a year, a babysitter crisis. We now need to have someone in place in a week.

Dave suggested craigslist, but the seediness of their personal ads, horror stories of creepers and homicidal maniacs put me off. Great place if you want to sell baby stuff, not so much when you are looking for care for your baby.

So I hit care.com and sittercity.com and I'm relieved to report we have 5 potential situations and will be interviewing 4. The 5th is a daycare in-home that is on the way to the rink and the bank, but not work and will be a last resort.

So in order to choose the best possible care provider, I'm reviewing the applicants as carefully as if I were the boss/hiring manager/human resources of a company, and well, I guess I really am.

To protect the applicant's privacy, I won't reveal much about them here, but of the four, one is too good to be true, two are very promising and the fourth has at least been prompt and humorous in her responses which is a good thing. It may be hard to choose between them.

The whole thing has been exhausting and stressful though. We really loved having Patty as a member of the household and we are going to miss her, but when opportunity knocks, you have to respond. I'm still fighting the feeling of rejection, and have to remember business is business. And for the other girls, I remember being a babysitter and moving on to regular employment. I think it's just the nature of the position.

No comments:

That's It, Just One Line - Landslide

"Can I sail through the changing ocean tides, can I handle the seasons of my life?"