Sunday, March 11, 2012

RED + Pop-Up Gallery


Both together in Leep Gallery... soon to be seen at RED + Pop-Up Gallery in Jackson

"The yellow one"

"The blue one"

I'm VERY excited to share the news -- my two paintings "There Are Memories" and "Looking In/Reaching Out" were accepted into the juried RED + Pop-Up Gallery show, opening March 22 in Jackson!

RED Cross Art

I ran across the call for entries at the end of January, and sent in my submissions via email without giving it a second thought (and chickening out). The deadline for submissions was February 28, and with a quick show opening of March 22, when I hadn't heard anything by March 8, I thought to myself, "oh well, art is about rejection and you've just been rejected."

Then I checked my email on March 9.

"Thanks for your entries, both were accepted. I look forward to seeing them in person."

And just like that, I'm in.

This pursuit has given me a tremendous ego boost, which is vital given that "Book of Geno" progress has slowed and I needed an additional kick in the inspiration pants to complete the additonal 300+ pieces. I'm pleased these two pieces will be in a gallery again, if only for a short time.

No comments:

That's It, Just One Line - Landslide

"Can I sail through the changing ocean tides, can I handle the seasons of my life?"