Wednesday, November 18, 2020

LHOTR - A Sunrise Settee

Laura at sunrise.

My girl Laura worked her ass off on Pa's farm, helping him with milking, harvesting hay, gathering eggs, and generally TCB. She's to be applauded for her efforts, but she had ulterior motives. For one, she hated sitting in the house, and second, jobs like milking gave her the opportunity to have the sunrise to herself. 

Sunrise at our little house. 

Now one of my favorite things in the world is to sleep in, read, and only get up when my bladder can't take it anymore. With the cottage, our perspectives have changed a bit, and we are eager to get up, make a pot of coffee, and see the sunrise over the river. Our seating situation, however, was something to be desired. We need patio furniture.

We go to Outback and are horrified by the prices. We go to Watson's; surely with their wacky commercials, weekend tent sales, and spinning bursts, we will find a deal on outdoor living. 

Nope. 

Outdoor living room set. 

Enter Facebook marketplace. Wanting something to reuse and recycle, I attempted to wheel and deal with neighbors posting lawn furniture they would rather part with then put into storage. I eyed the set above when it was $100... then $50... when it finally hit $25, I messaged the gal with an enthusiastic "I'll take it."

The set is actually cuter in real life. The little coffee table is worth the price alone. I overthought the webbing, thinking maybe I'd find a repair kit online and my friend Hallie said to just get a couple of back cushions or pillows and call it a worn-in look. I'd have to agree. 

So, like Laura, a labor of love is resulting in yet another beautiful thing for our little house. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...