Saturday, June 19, 2021

LHOTR - Lemonade!

 


My girl Laura rhapsodized about lemonade numerous times in her series: at a Fourth of July celebration in town, at Nellie’s birthday party, and a party at Ben’s. She was in awe of citrus in general, when an orange was considered a desirable, exotic gift as a party favor or in the toe of a Christmas stocking.

I’m in the gift category: I love lemons, limes, grapefruit, kumquats, any fragrant member of the family. When I mix a batch of lemonade up, I will add orange to make it sweeter or lime to make it more tart. 

We just got up to the cottage and first thing I mixed was the jar above. And it looks pretty against the gingham curtain; I’m sure Laura would agree.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...