Friday, October 29, 2021

Advice from Icons

Sometimes, I wonder if I'm ridiculous. I'm an overweight, near-sighted, flat-footed recreational skater and runner that likes to collect shiny prizes for the sake of being active, and admittedly, the boost it gives my fragile ego. Occasionally, I luck into actually winning something. 

But before I start going too far down the imposter syndrome rabbit hole, it's good to take the advice of some larger than life characters: 

Fact is, I am being myself when I put together a fun freeskate program, hop on the elliptical, sign up for a run, or throw myself to the wolves at adult nationals. Like Eartha says, it's worth it. 


This comment is as delightful as Dolly herself. C'mon Barbara Walters, what answer were you hoping for here? I hope Dolly shut her down because, EXACTLY. Being sure of yourself and enjoying who you are, what you do, what you create, and put out in the world is exactly who I am and what I'm about and speaks volumes to the joy I feel in writing, making art, putting together a program, or problem-solving at work. 

Thank you Dolly, thank you Eartha.

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...