Wednesday, October 27, 2021

LHOTR - Happy Cottageversary!

Ugly apples make a delicious pie. 

We ended up at the cottage this past weekend when we shouldn't have. One of Will's friends contracted COVID, and because Will was in close contact, he had to quarantine. And because I am Will's guardian and in close contact to him, that meant I had to quarantine as well. 

No school.

No in-person work. 

No vendor party.

No River Bank Run.

No wedding reception.

No skating. 

No going out to dinner. 

Harrumph. 

As usual, we made the best of it, and cleaned up the yard in warmish sunshine. That meant picking up the apples that had fallen and making a nice big batch of apple pie filling with the rescued produce. I read two books. The boys watched college football. Naps were taken. Inventory on the freezer was taken and consumed. 

And after all of our precautions, it ends up we both tested negative. I was pissed, and wondered if we did the right thing after all. I mean, there's scores of people in the world doing whatever they want to do even if they tested positive. Dave shut me down by saying what if I had done all of these things and were positive? I don't think I could live with the guilt of this either. 

I'm still coming to terms with missing out on life events like Jess' wedding and the RBR. But a bad day at the cottage is still a day at the cottage. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...