Thursday, October 28, 2021

Virtual Fun in Detroit

Oooooo, shiny stuff! 

I had a pretty busy October planned before a COVID panic derailed our plans. Unfortunately, I had committed to judging the same weekend as the Detroit Freep Marathon. Tempted by the shiny prizes, I regretted that I had a schedule conflict. 

No problem, sez organizers: we have a virtual race option. 

Well, sign me up. 

Second? I'll take it! 

It's thrilling a year after my virtual second place at the River Bank Run that I can claim virtual second place in Detroit too! 

The bonus? The competition I was judging was in Detroit, so I was still able to attend the expo. I wanted to get something to commemorate the half marathon I accomplished last year, but the ONE hoodie I wanted, the only sizes left were small and extra small, so I left them behind. I did get a sticker for my car though.

On my way out the door, I saw they were having a clearance sale of merchandise at slashed prices. A jacket for $15, with ALL the races on it? I've done a mile, a 5K, 4.1, and 13.1 at this event and it would be fitting to get this to celebrate all my miles. It's now sitting in the back seat, waiting for Jay to embroider the sleeves. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...