Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Typing Out Loud: A Rose by Any Other Name...?

I was on campus the other day, and presented with a rose from an organization called Positive Options. 

And I took it. 

Does this conflict with my pro-choice stance on reproductive rights and freedom?

No, it does not.

When I say I am pro-choice, I mean all choices, not just the right to an abortion. Having a baby is an option. An open or closed adoption is also an option. 

The women that presented me with this gift appeared to be caring, compassionate, and readily available to hear an individual's fears and concerns, and provide at least two of the three options.

There was no shock and shouting. No calling women harlots, whores, fornicators, or worse. 

Make no mistake, these women were pro-life; but they deserved to share their preferred choices as well. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...