Monday, March 6, 2023

What’s Right in the World: Christina Applegate

 

Queen of Comedy. Back in the day, I had a suit like this. 

I was in a toxic relationship in college where my boyfriend attempted to make me feel less than because I wasn’t as hot as Christina Applegate who, at the time, was starring as Kelly Bundy on Married With Children.

Imagine his chagrin when I agreed with him, saying “Dude, I love her, she’s hilarious and pretty!”

Suck it, Chad; I recognize a Queen when I see one.

Her characterization of the street-smart, unapologetic bimbo was comic genius, and you always found yourself rooting for her. 

She’s never been far from a TV screen or a movie screen, starring in comedies with ever-maturing roles. A peek at her IMDB reveals many award nominations and wins, including an Emmy and a Critic’s Choice win. She's positively dripping in the show Dead to Me. 

She’s been brave enough to go public with her personal crises, including her breast cancer and MS diagnosis.

Not a lot of pretty girls go for the laughs. I’m glad she does. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...