Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Scorekeeping for the Whitecaps

Saturday game at the Whitecaps and we say to Jim the GM, can we go up in the scoreboard? 

Look at that view! 

Old school Caps chair, waaaaay up in the air. 

The boys appreciated the seeing-eye view of the field.

Left-field selfies!

Bubble ball is hilarious out here. 

Watching the game through the 8th inning score. 

Jeff the scorekeeper. 

Yes, we all took turns changing numbers on the board. They are lightweight sheets of aluminum that slide in and lock into place. Each number is kept in a bin on the other side of the walkway. I got to put the winning runs on the board in the seventh! 

Will hanging out, ready to set the Tigers up on the board. 

I think I found my retirement job. I could show up daily watching baseball and changing numbers. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...