Monday, June 12, 2023

June Playlist: Walleye Rocks the River!

Goal in life is to get a Walleye FM t-shirt.


Thank God for Shazam - I don't think I've heard this song in years.

We will take a break from the detailed Dakota diary adventures to do a playlist this morning, the soundtrack to my trip:

Ebony Eyes, Bob Welch - I knew nothing about him and learned entirely too much about the former member of Fleetwood Mac while waiting for my flight at the GRR airport. 

Just Walk on By, Leroy Van Dyke - Dad Bod performed this during their set at Laughing Sun. I don’t think I’ve heard it in the last 40 years.

Walk the Line, Johnny Cash - more Dad Bod, this was the old country portion of their set after the classic rock intro.

You Got Gold, John Prine - last of the Dad Bod songs. This duet was performed with the lead singer’s wife, who was celebrating her birthday.

Proud Mary, Tina Turner - R.I.P., she passed the week of my vacation, so she was on stations for memorial playlists. 

Tommy Suite, The Who - I actually heard the Musak version of this in the hotel lobby, hanging with the Orange Creamsicles. 

Promises, Eric Clapton - overhead in the Goodwill while shopping for my SDSU gear. La la…. lalalalala. 

John Pulaski, Testimony - he released a youtube story of his connection in the church and how his favorite guitar is kind of beat up, and how he relates this to himself: flawed but valued by God. Nice little instrumental, friend. 

Here Comes the Sun, The Beatles - the song I heard on my way to Walnut Grove.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps, The Beatles - the song I heard at the homestead.

Goodnight Tonight, Paul McCartney - it followed me around the Dakotas. 

Wherever I May Roam, Metallica - last song on the Walleye as I was returning my car rental at the airport. 


No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...