Thursday, June 22, 2023

June's Secret Life of Objects: Beatles in Beads

It’s Fab!

This is a relatively new addition to the collection of stuff I own.

Over Memorial Day weekend Dave and I like to go hit the garage sales up at the cottage. It’s cool because then we are laser-focused on what we want or need there, and rarely do we buy more than we need. 

Until I meet BeatleFan Rachel. 

She’s a crafter and a great lover of the Beatles. She had a room devoted to her collection and was selling for a song so she and her husband could travel the country in their RV. She had a lot I already had or things I simply talked myself out of purchasing. I found the cartoon Beatles figurines and had to have them since that was my four-year-old introduction to the band.

I was about to pay her for that and an afghan when I saw this, a nifty little piece of beadwork she had done. With a shrug, she said “$2?”

Oh my yes. 

It’s now sitting on the dining room table, waiting to be framed and hung with the rest of my offbeat local artist collection. I can’t wait to hang it next to the portrait of Frida Kahlo. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...