Thursday, February 1, 2024

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Mexican

With Maggie!

How lucky we are to have access to the best Mexican food at Maggie's Kitchen! 

I was introduced to Maggie's while working at my first copywriting job. Group order and I had no idea what to get so I winged it on the daily special, steak fajita plate.

Man.

Tender and rich, the meat was flavorful and the portions generous, with lots of grilled vegetables, beans, rice, and salad. The tomatillo sauce was so fresh, you could taste the sun. 

I branched out to try the tripe soup (not my thing), tostadas, tacos, and sandwiches but I always come back to the fajitas. 

We've been going there a long time and lucked into attending the 40th-anniversary celebration and got a photo with the lady herself. She was treated like a queen, even the mayor stopped in for lunch. The staff is always friendly and if you haven't been in in a while, they notice. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...