Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 resolution: joy. Oh, and other stuff.



Oh yes, it's that time of year again. I'm optimistic about the idea of setting new year's resolutions because I have been very successful in completing my goals! I can be stubborn like Calvin above, but I like the idea of setting myself up to achieve.

Overall, the most important word for me in 2012 is going to be JOY. Like an internal drill sergant barking orders, my brain is going be to in full "So you're not happy? GET HAPPY!" mode. I've just had too many moments this year when situations and circumstances have sucked the joy right out of me and it has to stop.

What else?
Pass Gold MIF - for adults, it's the last moves test in the structure before you slide over to standard track with the kids. It also qualifies me as a gold medalist with US Figue Skating. Given my weak freestyle skills, it may be my only chance to earn a national-level gold and I'm going for it. Best move: power circles. Worst move: brackets.

Compete at Adult Nationals - What?! No medal aspirations!? Well, yes but the target for this ANs is to have FUN! I missed last year, which genuinely sucked; there's nothing worse than missing out on the party. I'm not going to compete in silver free this year since I'm not quite ready, but I'm planning on doing both artistic/dramatic and comedy, taking Bette and the Lunchlady to Chicago. Best move: ass-slapping choreography for Mrs. S. Joseph, long stroking moves for Bette.

1,000 Pieces of Art - ArtPrizing with Cara will be such an adventure and a glorious attempt to not only honor Geno, but stretch our abilities. I'm already at 580, so 420 left to go. Best pieces so far: the acrylic painting series.

Back on the Good Eats Bandwagon - So I let this whole pre-diabetes thing get away from me. I've been reasonably good in terms of fast food, french fries and soda pop, but I think other carbs like pasta and bread have gotten away from me. I'm overdue for some tests, so I think a stern visit with the family doctor will get me back on track.

Train Like a 5K - I have a schedule conflict, in that I committed myself to judge a competition and test session the same day at the 5/3 River Bank Run. But Michelle wants me to train for a 5K because she likes the confidence and body awareness I have had after running. So, I will train as if I were running, and leave it up to fate if I find an event to compete in.

Honey do! - Making lists of chores to accomplish around the house to help me get things accomplished. I'm such a line crosser, that I get great satisfaction out of writing it down, then scribbling it out. Think I'm kidding, I spent the afternoon touching up paint on the kitchen walls then scrubbing down cabinets. After getting the new floor, I want that room to GLEAM.

No comments:

#700: The Beatles, Ranked! The NAs

Er, not quite Post #700 if I'm counting correctly!  As posted previously, I dialed down my ambition to rank all the Beatles songs, decid...