Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Typing Out Loud - working with a headache


Oh dear God, I've been trying to write this for a couple hours. I feel like my IQ drops a signinficant number of points when a tension headache gets so bad I can barely function. It hurts so bad, my ear hurts. So this could be a line list of rambling crap, a typing out loud early January entry.

"Happy Endings" - supposed to be hilarious, but after watching several episodes, I don't get it.

Awesome update: my quirky ancedote earned me not one but TWO entries in the 5/3 RBR, so I guess I'm doing it after all. The great news is there is a 7am heat going out so I can do this and judge in Holland later on.

Household improvements have been a consistent chore since the introduction of the tile and carpeting. I spent a whole week in the kitchen alone, wiping down cabinets, repainting walls, polishing the trash can, and scrubbing appliances. Other chores have been new curtains and rods, new blinds and a new paint job/coating for the counter top in the master bath. Next up should be new flooring in the laundry room, the room that incidentially got things going last year.

Bad boy: Will ate 4 ice cream sandiwches for breakfast yesterday, much to my dismay. I understand how he was able to sneak ONE, but FOUR? He polished one off, and pulled two more out of nowhere. The fourth was after his bath and he had a fistfull of mushy cookie and cream - and sometimes, it's just better to let it go.

I fell asleep last night contemplating truth v. lying and wondering if honesty is always the best policy. I know the truth can hurt, but when is it too painful and delusion and fibs are the best policy? Nothing personal, just one of those things that make you go hmmmm.

I found a new podcast that I love, Stuff Mom Never Told You. It's a mix of history, sociology, science and technology but from a feminist point of view. I downloaded a handful last week and listened to them on a trip to Jackson, came home and downloaded 50 more. Fascinating topics have included female income disparity, baby beauty pagents, absorbed twins, nuns, facts about abortion (sans politics), and imaginary friends. I appreciate the hosts because their delivery is engaging conversation without being giggly girly.

Van Der Sloot feels "really bad" about killing the Peruvian girl? Well, at least you apologized you sack of crap. Ridiculous.

Can't wait for US Figure Skating Nationals. Two weeks is too long!

How long until catchers and pitchers report? Will is anxiously awaiting the Caps to start.

No comments:

#700: The Beatles, Ranked! The NAs

Er, not quite Post #700 if I'm counting correctly!  As posted previously, I dialed down my ambition to rank all the Beatles songs, decid...