Sunday, June 19, 2022

Playlist: HBD Sir Macca

Text greeting from the man himself, or rather his publicist. I love the delusion that Macca and I chat.

Will keeps calling The Beatles a boy band. I’ll allow it.

Paul turned 80 this weekend, and instead of me making a list of his best, I’m going to be lazy and list the top 10 Sirius/XM listeners voted as his best. 

Let it Be

Maybe I’m Amazed

Hey Jude

Yesterday

The Long and Winding Road

Band on the Run

Eleanor Rigby

Live and Let Die

Here, There, and Everywhere

Gotta remember those Ziploc bags.

I can’t remember what came in at number 10, but it was one that was so obvious, I was surprised I didn’t call it. I think it was Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey. Or was it Mull of Kintyre? For the record, I called 8 of the top 10, but missed Eleanor Rigby - again, obvious.

Songs I predicted to be in the top that weren’t:

Side 2 Medley from Abbey Road came in at number 17.

Helter Skelter was number 32.

On My Way from McCartney III was not listed, but we started listening at number 65 so it may have made the list. I’m still personally obsessed. 

Neither Love Me Do nor I Want to Hold Your Hand were included but again, did they chart low and I missed, or were these collaborations with John that weren’t included? 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...