Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Sustainable Fishing!

Hello baby lobsters. 

The boys caught crawfish last week and quickly wondered how they would taste. One pot of boiling water later and I had shells all over the counter. Upon further research, we discovered Michigan DNR allows you to catch up to eight per person, per day, without the need of a fishing license.

Dave hopped on Amazon, bought a trap, and we dropped it in the water, baited with hot dogs and bacon.

We caught a total of seven, but I only wanted three, and since the boys were hitting the road, we released the rest. I let them scuttle in the pot, rinsing the water as they shedded sand, then salted the water and put them on boil. I melted a few pats of butter, and carefully removed the doll like portions and ate the dainty, rich morsels.

So delicious.

Still, a lot of work for such tiny bits. I must research more to see about getting the maximum flavor from such small creatures. I was thinking of seafood scrambled eggs. Seafood broth. A rolling pin to get the all the bits. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...