Friday, September 23, 2022

Moment of Joy 2021, a lost December post

I just found this post from December 2021 that was never published. It's ok to revisit the accomplishment. Maybe races aren't completely in my rearview now that I am signed up for Walktober at GVSU.

The mailing box where I started to list all my virtual races until I ran out of space on it. 

How many in-person races did I accomplish this year? 

Zero. 

How many virtual races did I do? Too many to count. And today, by completing a 26.2-mile bike ride, I finally earn my marathon medal. 

Like last year, a majority of my races have been on the elliptical. It's my preferred method of movement, as it is the only piece of operational cardio equipment I own in the house. I always check the race before I commit, making sure this method is legit. 

But that's not my only mode of covering miles. I have kayaked a few, walked a few (finding things that bubble on campus for the Bubble Run was a favorite), and when US Figure Skating informed us 5k = 35 laps, I did quite a few on skates as well. 

I will finish strong this December with four more medals to complete the year. I have six more coming (couldn't resist) and I'm going to limit myself to one a month like I had originally planned. 

No comments:

Rethinking Orange

I have a thing for citrus Orange is... Taste:  candied grapefruit peel that is bright, citrusy, bitter, and sweet Touch: warm sunshine with ...