Thursday, September 29, 2022

Post No. 600: I'm Going to be Guest DJ on Sirius XM!

It's happening!

Remember that post back in May where I listed what songs I would play if I were guest DJ for the My Fab Four show on Sirius XM?

I sent it in.

It's happening.

Message above confirms it. 

I'm just giddy.

And we are going to see Ringo tomorrow night. Will gets to see a Beatle. 

I do have the transcript of the audio recording, posted below. My blog, my rules. 

Post #600 should be a celebration!


SHOW BREAKDOWN

Break 1: I’m Beatle Fan MELISSA from Comstock Park Michigan and this is My Fab Four. All of the songs I’ve chosen I have been obsessed with at one time or another.

The first song I chose is from my first ever music purchase. When I was about seven years old, I bought the Beatles Greatest Hits 62-66, commonly known as the Red Album. And it was an 8-track, if that dates me and this story! I was obsessed with Norwegian Wood, a song I thought was pretty and sad at the same time. Being that young, all of the innuendo completely went over my head, oh John, you naughty boy. This is Norwegian Wood.

SONG 1


Break 2:

That was Norwegian Wood and this is Melissa from Comstock Park Michigan. Today I’m playing My Fab Four on Sirius XM, The Beatles Channel.

Now for my second song, I’m going back to the 80s, around the time when I was obsessed with the Revolver album. It happened to coincide with a particularly bad breakup. Let me tell you, no one can nurse a broken heart more obsessively than a teenage girl, I played this song for one month straight, or at least it felt like it. Thanks Paul McCartney, this is For No One.

SONG 2


Break 3: That was For No One from Revolver and my name is Melissa from Comstock Park Michigan. You’re listening to My Fab Four from the Beatles, On Sirius XM.

For song number 3, let me tell you to my husband Dave. He is a big rock music fan like me. Only he takes his obsessions even further, especially when it comes to audio equipment. He insists on better car stereos, a surround sound home theatre, and even better ear buds for me while exercising; he promised me the Beatles would sound even better. The first song I listened to with the new ear buds was Day Tripper; it felt like Ringo Starr was playing drums with my heart while rattling a tambourine right in my skull; and I became obsessed with his drumming technique. This is Day Tripper.

SONG 3


Break 4: That was Day Tripper on Sirius XM…The Beatles Channel. I’m Melissa from Comstock Park Michigan and I've been playing My Fab Four today. Thank you so much for having me!

My Fab Four selections have been all about my obsession with the Beatles throughout the years. The last song came about through one of my other great obsessions, the sport of figure skating. Figure skaters will tell you they are always looking for the next great piece of music to pull together for a program. Well, I was leaving practice one day, and this song, off the White Album came on, and the possibilities blew me away - I’m still trying to make it work! George Harrison whispers then shouts, you are pulled then pushed, the drums thunders in, and outta nowhere, rattling bottles. Frankly, I don’t understand why more people aren’t obsessed with this song. This is Long, Long, Long.

SONG 4

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...