Wednesday, February 1, 2023

February's Song: Fat Mom

Goal: write a song a month, with the resolve to not self-edit or worry if it’s crap. This one will be fast, a little punk rock. 


Yeah, I'm a fat mom, I'm a fat mom. Don't you want to be one too?

I'm a fat mom yeah I'm a fat mom. Baby, I've got the blues.


I did soulcycle, tried kick boxing, 

Ate the Snackwells too. 

Tried the cabbage diet,

Had a slide board, even had the slipper boots. 


Yeah, I'm a fat mom, I'm a fat mom. Don't you want to be one too?

I'm a fat mom yeah I'm a fat mom. Baby, I've done it too.


Water aerobics to classic rock, earned sauna time, 

Baby I was a prune. 

Tripped on the step during power dance class, 

Got twenty percent off running shoes.


Yeah I'm a fat mom, I'm a fat mom. Don't you want to be one too?

I'm a fat mom yeah I'm a fat mom. Baby, I've paid my dues. 


Found fun in skating, got the spandex,

Got some gold medals too. 

Got Rubbermaid tote of funny costumes,

Hey, is that a tutu? 


Yeah I'm a fat mom, I'm a fat mom. Don't you want to be one too?

I'm a fat mom yeah I'm a fat mom, I've got diabetes too. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...