Friday, February 17, 2023

Why Art Matters: In Defense of Peggy Hill

Peggy has reciepts. 

Do not piss off a Platter. 

My show is coming back for a reboot in 2023!  This was my falling asleep show for years when we lived in Saint Louis, and now I'm binging episodes 10 at a time off FX. Early developments say they will age the show by 15 years to depict what Hank, Peggy, Dale, Minh, Bobby, and crew are doing in Texas in modern times. To do the math, that means Bobby, Connie, and Joseph will be 28 years old. 

Adult Bobby is going to be hilarious. 

Dave enjoys the show, just not as much as me. The reason is he cannot stand Peggy, the insecure yet overly confident wife of Hank. 

I gotta defend her. I don't want to go into too much detail, so maybe just a bullet list of whys. 

She is a stand-by-your-man gal. She doesn't let anyone get the best of Hank while she is around.

She's a good mom.

She's a good surrogate mom to Luanne. 

Boggle champ.

Blood donor. 

She is unafraid to try new things, such as becoming a folk artist, realtor, substitute science teacher, or organic gardener. 

She's a champion for the LGBTQ+ community, including her first lover and sharing grooming tips with a drag queen she befriended shoe shopping. 

She is a proud educator and lover of books. 

A writer of musings columns, country songs, and novelty Christmas songs. 

Peggy's failings are mostly due to her insecurities, which come from having size 16 feet and being considered second best, even to her convict brother. 

My prediction for Peggy 2023 is she has become, with her online master’s degree, Tom Landry Middle School principal and is still balancing between insecurity and overconfidence. Is hall monitor Emily her right hand? 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...