Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Typing Out Loud: My Mojo, Update #944

 

When you have to judge and referee and skate. 

Do it for the tossies. Also, invited into an exclusive adult skating group. I accept!

Besties.

So satisfying. 

When you can come off the judges' stand and be one of the gang. 

PA represent!

Podium grins. You should have been with us Barbie. 

I have been doing more judging and refereeing lately than actual skating. In place of freestyles dedicated to figure skating, I’ve been making do on public ice with Hank the scary hockey guy. But I wanted to embrace where I’m at in the sport as opposed to making what I thought were excuses. The fact is I have been busy with work and family and judging and taking absurdly long exams to get that referee appointment.

What a fantastic mind shift that was. Instead of desperately playing "what if?" in my head, I just put out the best I could at that time. The result is the most satisfying bronze medal I’ve ever won. Gotta work on those twizzles... hey lumbar and hips, you with me?

What also resulted what being present with friends when I had the time. Breakfast with Cindy and Erica. Locker room talk with Karen and Judy. Hugs all around for my competitors. Small talk while waiting for results. Tossies. Banter about boobs.

It was a great event.

No comments:

Rethinking Orange

I have a thing for citrus Orange is... Taste:  candied grapefruit peel that is bright, citrusy, bitter, and sweet Touch: warm sunshine with ...