Monday, April 29, 2024

Secret Life of Objects: Parrot Magnet

A kitchen mainstay.

I’ve had this magnet since the early 80s and details are murky. I don’t remember if my aunt or grandma made it, but I know I bought it at a craft fair at church for a dollar or less. I have loved it ever since; it has lived in three marital homes and countless apartments. Where did I keep it before I had a fridge of my own... a pinboard, my locker? I don't think it was on my parents’ fridge, as this was something I selfishly kept for my own. I used this as inspiration for a computer art assignment in high school, one of the projects that got me into AP computer science and assigned as a teaching assistant. 

No comments:

Secret Life of Objects: Brattle Book Shop Magnet

Free souvenir! Flying into Boston late for 2018 adult nationals, Dee and I stayed at the Godfrey Hotel downtown before heading to our Airbnb...