Wednesday, April 15, 2020

The Blind Lemon - open!



Another one that is open!

The Blind Lemon is considered a whimsical bar, named after bluesman Blind Lemon Jefferson, with live music and lots of cocktails. Video tour shows a wall of distinguished guests, famous live acts who have graced the Blind Lemon stage. It's small, intimate, and the menu is nothing but booze.

Tastes change, and the I'm sure fabulous Howard's Surprise has given way to the Moscow Mule. I'll include the Surber's Revenge, because, well, champagne...

Surber's Revenge
  • 1 1/2 oz. light rum
  • 1/2 lime, squeezed for juice
  • 1 tsp. honey
  • champagne, chilled
Pour all ingredients, except champagne, over crushed ice in cocktail shaker. Shake well. Strain into 8 oz. glass. Fill with champagne. 

No comments:

Best Meal I Ever Ate, Appetizers

Jim and I: seventeen-year-old gastro thrill seekers. I'm intentionally out of order with May posts to celebrate May 8 as my promaversary...